The vlogosphere is very crowded, so it’s essential to make your video blog stand out.
Clever, comedic, or attention-grabbing titles are important, but presenting a passionate POV is even more important.
When vlogging, do be spontaneous and conversational, but don’t just prattle on about what you had for lunch. You don’t have to write out an entire script, but try to have some bullet points of what you’re going to talk about.
The camera should be stable. The only thing that moves is the subject. Look directly at the camera, not off to the side like in cheesy documentaries. Oh, and camouflage any long awkward pauses (which are like cyber-suicide) with jump cuts.
You can expect to feel camera shy in the beginning. But remember, practice makes perfect. And yet 99% of us will try it once, get frustrated, and go back to eating Cheetos in our underwear. In this case… be the other 1%.